Microsoft Layoffs Continue at Xbox Europe

Microsoft's layoffs are continuing across the pond as Xbox Europe is letting go of 75% of its workforce with the other 25% reapplying for their current positions.

In a report by MCV, these cuts are a part of the 18,000 job layoffs that were announced yesterday with over 12,500 jobs coming from the newly acquired Nokia division. The total number of job loses have yet to be confirmed but MCV's sources have stated that the remainding employees will have to battle it out via resume's to keep the jobs they have already had.

“We eliminated a number of EMEA roles in the UK to gain efficiencies,” a representative told the publication. “We remain very committed to the market and will continue to support our local development teams."

The layoffs are said to not affect the launch of the Xbox One in multiple countries this upcoming September. Our thoughts go out to all of those caught in the fire at Microsoft.