By accessing the in-game store, players can spend real cash for game cash but they promise it "nothing that should disrupt the balance of the game" although by spending a few dollars here or there, one could have "the cars, guns, clothes, flash and style of a high-roller in Los Santos" at their wallet's content.
Rockstar seems active in reaching out and accepting criticism from the GTA Online community and asks that they submit feedback to GTAOnline@rockstargames.com and will also release a GTA Online Forums page soon.
As part of their Rockstar Newswire page, additional information as to all of the activities players can expect in the chaos of Los Santos online. At launch, 16 players can hit the town and participate in the insanity that is Grand Theft Auto 5 together to earn cash and reputation. Here are the activities straight from Rockstar's mouth:
- Open-world Crime and Chaos: Run arouond with friends and just do stuff. Full open-world GTA with friends
- Jobs: Tons of missions either alone or in your crew (set one up here)
- Races: Street, off-road, boat, and aerial racing
- Sports: Tennis, golf, base jumping, etc.
In addition to these activities, players also have access to customization of their characters, cars, and weapons. Rockstar also hinted at some features that they will be adding over the first few weeks of GTA Online (from Newswire):
- The Content Creator: The Content Creator will launch with tools to tailor and publish your own Deathmatches & Races.
- The Beach Bum Pack: Featuring 4 new amazing beach fun vehicles, over 300 new items of incredible down tempo leisure wear and 2 new but not remotely relaxing weapons.
- Capture the Flag: GTA Online’s take on the classic CTF mode including the ability to make your own using The Content Creator.
- Heists: This update will introduce full-on cooperative Heist missions that will require careful planning, teamwork and sharp execution – along with the Heist Planning Board for your apartment.
They also wanted to let us know that all updates are FREE .
For more on GTA Online, keep those eyes here!