Tonight at 5 PM PT, the Xbox One will have an update available to address some issues some users have been having over the past couple of weeks.
On MajorNelson.com, Larry Hryb went into some detail as to what the update would implement including:
- Addresses SmartGlass issues for some users when coming in and out of connected standby
- Addresses multiplayer issues for some users when re-joining games
- Addresses issues with inconsistent notifications for some users
- Addresses dashboard performance for some users
- Offers improvements for Xbox One’s TV, system update, and content update services for scaling over time
- Updated wireless networking driver to improve connectivity issues for some users
Note that if you have "Instant On", Hryb says that "Your console will automatically download the update after you turn it off," and "Once the update has been downloaded in the background, your console will power completely down." After that, power your Xbox One back on and the update is installed and applied.
Be advised that if you are not using "Instant On", you will need to wait until Thursday, December 12th at 2 AM PT.